A while back I wrote a thing about using the More tag in Twenty Seventeen theme, and because this site uses a (hastily put together) child theme of WordPress Twenty Seventeen theme, and I described that in a little detail, people started coming into this site looking for that.
Hey isn’t there a simple Twenty Seventeen child theme I can just download and get hacking away at? I wondered. There wasn’t. At least, I couldn’t see one.
So today, I released my own.
Links & Downloads
- You can find the Twenty Seventeen Child Theme on Github here.
- Get the latest release here. Note this isn’t likely to even be updated!
- Or, just click here to download the child theme right now and get going already.
- Make sure you have a working WordPress installation
- Make sure you have the Twenty Seventeen theme in your wp-content/themes/ folder
- Download the child theme and add this using themes install (upload)
- Activate theme
Make any edits in this child theme – first copy the template from the parent Twenty Seventeen theme into the child theme, then start editing!
Mainly this is used for style.css changes (fonts, colors, etc). In my site, right here, I turn off the Google Fonts, for example, and pull these to local. Because I’m a bit of a WordPress speed freak. In fact, I sell a WordPress speed optimization service over at Silicon Dales.