I got an email today which read:
Dear Business owner of [website]Email from Steve Blackmon
How is it possible that your website is having so many errors? Yes, most of the people share their anger and frustration once they get my email.
Now, I will show you some technical errors found in your [website].
I have a large professional team who can fix all the above issues immediately at an affordable price. I guarantee you will see a drastic change in your Google search ranking once these are fixed.
Looking forward to your reply.
This is not a good strategy to get new business.
Now, I achieve page one rankings, and I never replied to someone who cold emailed me. I get these rankings by working hard on the following things:
Thins I do to Get Page One Rankings
- Optimizing my website, so it is fast
- Writing good, compelling, content, which my audience wants to read
- Making sure I follow best practices in relation to “mobile first” “structured data” and other technical considerations which are relevant to SEO in 2019.
- I try to create the very best piece of content about subject X in light of the above optimizations, and repeat.
- I return to old content and make updates. This section of text is one such update I have made, after people started hitting this strange email I posted a long time ago.
Things I Don’t Do for Rankings
- I do not beg for links.
- I don’t guest post.
- I don’t publish other people’s guest posts in my website.
- I don’t try to rank on page one.
- I never, ever, ever ever, cold email people.
Leave a Comment to Complain like crazy… or dish out virtual high fives
Leave a comment below if you landed here and thought a thought.