My friend and Silicon Dales colleague, Jono Farrington, has made a terrific course for people looking to learn all about Shopify SEO.
A Shopify SEO Course
Online courses are so hot right now, hotter than Hansel…
Affiliates of Udemy
Also note that my business is an affiliate of Udemy, where this particular online course is hosted, the links in this page contain our tracking code, and my business will be paid a referral fee if you take this Shopify SEO course, or any other course on their site, though this does not affect the price you pay in any way.
Lots of links on the internet are affiliate links. Its how many sites monetise. In case you are interested, we are affiliated with Udemy through a service called Awin (short for Affiliate Window) – if you’re a WordPress publisher looking to monetise a site, this is a nice way to do it.
I like to be clear and open about the affiliation though, and to treat web visitors with the respect I would like to be shown myself.
Shopify SEO Course Links
Course Content – What you will learn
Below is a taster of the topics covered on the course, and consequently, the details about what you will take away from this beginner’s course:
- Introduction – Who We Are And Why Did We Create This Course
- How To Download The Optizen Shopify SEO App
- Setting Up Your Audit Tools
- Using Ahrefs To View Current Site Performance
- Using GWT & Screaming Frog To Analyze Your Site
- Update To Google Webmaster Tools – Now Google Search Console
- Theme Considerations For Best Optimization
- Theme Considerations: Links
- Keyword Research – Using SEMrush, Ahrefs & Keywords Everywhere
- Home Page Optimization
- Image Optimization
- Collection Page Optimization
- Product Page Optimization
- Blog Post Best Practices
- How To Fix Shopify Duplicate Content Issues
- Duplicate Content Code
- Setting Up Your Internal Links
- How To Add Schema To Your Store
- Home Page Schema Code
- News Article Schema Code
- Collection Page Schema Code
- Video Schema Code
- Optizen Installation Instructions
Some of these are little explainers and code examples, while others are in-depth videos explaining some or all key terms. It may require a little further research, as this comprehensive course covers a LOT of topics in a short space of time — a good thing, as you get value from this course.
SEO is a big subject, and eCommerce SEO is hard. If it was easy, everyone would be top of the search rankings. This course will get you to the top of the pile – but it’s not simple.
Want More Info? Leave a Comment!
Leave a comment below if you’ve got specific questions about SEO or Shopify. If I don’t know the answer, I know someone who does, and they’ll leave a (public) comment to help you out!