Looking for an expert witness in a case which involves Open Source?
Contact me with the details of your case.
- Open source developer with more than a decade’s working experience
- LLB Batchelor of Law degree from Newcastle University
- Company director
- Company secretary
- Conference speaker
- Project and team lead overseeing sub-contractor relationships on major open source projects
- Author of compliance documentation for several businesses
Cases and Subject areas
Whatever you require, if your case involves PHP, MySQL, web development, WordPress, WooCommerce, or other open source software systems, and you require someone with some expertise in order to deliver a professional opinion, either on a technical aspect, or an assessment of “industry standards” or development practices, I would be able to provide expert witness services.
This list is not exhaustive, but cases concerning the following:
- Open Source systems
- PHP development
- System administration – specifically Linux based systems
- Database administration – specifically MySQL or MariaDB
- Security issues (hacks, DDOS attacks, breach notifications)
- Compliance issues (GDPR / Privacy issues)
- Licencing litigation
- Contract litigation
Who to contact
Ordinarily, a solicitor would engage me for this service, or a representative of a legal department in a company or Government body.
It is recommended to ask your solicitor to make contact with me.